Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well put Bern. I hate what supermarkets (in particular Tesco) are doing. On prices, it's possible to beat them everytime from grocers butchers etc. The quality of the goods is so poor (especially their sweaty meat) I'm not sure why anyone bothers.

The continued expansion of Tesco and other large supermarkets will eventually kill town centres and the kind of socially rich activities that happen in them. I'm not sure what we are thinking wanting another? Yes, jobs are created but the end result will be that most of the money in the locality is spent in the supermarkets, leaving the locality and heading straight back to the shareholders. As soon as the town centres are dead Tesco, Asda etc will hold the monopoly. It's ironic really the notion that capitalist models and a free market should lead to individualism and choice.

end link