Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Chris
    Firstly said hello to your missus on bus recently as you asked!!

onthe switch of parties, its a funny thing.
    I recall that stupid day when Labour made some of those proposals(they actually withdrew from some)
    heading towards an election facing toilet closures how daft is that? not because they were problem but purely to save dosh, being in the labour cabnet at the time I argued internally what a stupid Idea it was, but we had a very blinkered (some)cllrs at that time, and sadly rather than the silent majority of labour cllrs who spoke to me oppising such a stupid idea, they sat back and allowed it to happen.

As for the Town Hall meeting, sitting up on that stage watching what a stage managed meeting, I'v never een so embarrassed in my life! thats why you probably saw i was first out of the hall.
    I couldn't believe how it was organised,

Believe me if you were to be in the .labour group(not that you ever will) you would have heard me at every meeting trying to guide the labour group back to normality!!

I became a rebel with a cause, and I started to find holding on to control became more important than actually holding on to seats.

I'v always said no matter who runs he council the officers realy control it, no cllr has time to commit to it 24/7 or anywhere near that amount of time and the officers fill the vacuum.

I'v had many a stand up(or sit down)row with officers when they have attempted to keep cllrs out of different things

At the end of the day they(the officers)are there everey day, and few cllrs are, and i don't blame them for filling the vacuum, but theres a real dilema at the moment, you pay very little to cllrs so nly those who own business's/are une,ployed/retired can afford to commit tgime to it.
    im not saying cllrs should be paid large amounts, but at the moment it is difficult to find candidates because of this stickng point, may need to be reviewed.

It appears though that the tories cabinet are now falling out(on toilets) and other issues and mr Watkins big majority wont be healthy for him, as back benchers(tories)are already getting disheartened

but hey thats politics(i suppose)

end link