Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

"What makes you say she threw her cards in with the wrong lot?"

Although I don't believe political allegiance at this level has any real place it is generally a good descriptor of the wards demographic. I'm sure Mandie entered this election to make a difference, working hard and representing the people of St.Radigunds and not toe a party line (which is unfortunately the outcome of using their backing) It would therefore been more 'strategic' to "throw her cards in" with Labour. It is a sad reality that representation at this level is this shallow but is the dysfunctional side of what we call 'democracy' At national level people move to the area to 'represent' us...unbelievable. I'm sure Sue can support the fact that by moving political backing it is possible 'fit in' with a ward's political outlook. I really like what the independents are trying to do and perhaps with time people will realise that this Labour/Conservative thing should have no place at this level.

I agree Roger that Labour have shown they have little concern for the working man as they once did, but the fact is they once did! Conservatives have an awkward job getting around terms with a 'social' prefix, much in the same way the far right Conservatives need semantic twists such as 'collection of individuals' instead of accepting the existance of society. Which leads me to ask why I would vote for someone to represent me who places the needs of the individual (ultimately themselves) above the needs of the collective electorate? By definition people on the left are more socially responsible and aware, placing more emphasis on the whole rather than the individual elements.

end link