Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have done the walk, but a long time back and there have been cliff falls since then which would have changed the underfoot environment somewhat, probably forcing you further out from the cliffs.

Advice FWIW: study the tides, take a mobile and some food, wear sturdy boots (to minimise the potential for ankle injury on the slippery bits) and also let a friend or relative know what you're doing. Go when the way is clear but the tide's heading out: that way you get more time before it turns.

Last time I looked, a couple of weeks ago, from above Langdon Bay, there still seemed to be a ladder at the bottom of the path down the cliffs to cover the drop to the beach.

I have, within the last year or so, walked the beach from Samphire Hoe to Folkestone. There has been a major cliff fall there too, but I found it ok, if a bit of a pain to climb over the chalk.

end link