Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't have any solutions.

I often wonder whether our presence in the Middle East and Afghanistan is counter productive.They must view the Allies ie Us and the Yanks as occupying forces and like any proud citizen they are doing their utmost to rid their country of the 'infidels'.

I am sure that we Brits would have felt and acted likewise had the Germans succeeded in invading Britain at the beginning of WW2.

What are our main aims and objectives. Surely not to destroy the country. Maybe we should start by improving the infra structure.Building new schools hospitals.Provide crops that would be an alternative to the evil Poppy fields.

Only by rebuilding our bridges both metaphorically and physically will we ever convince or persuade the people of these countries that we can all share this planet and live in harmony together regardless as Bern wisely states " of our race creed colour or religion".

But fighting our way through countries not only appears to me to be barbaric but pointless and does more harm than good.

We should also look closer to home where this country is now one of the worlds major suppliers of not only arms but home grown British born Asian terrorists.Pakistan have recently identified at least 20 British born terrorists that are currently active in these troubled areas.

Maybe the Yanks will consider invading Bradford and Oldham in an attempt to quell the export of terrorists from the UK. How many of us then would be supporting this 'War on Terror'.

end link