Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Goodness me. Speaking as someone who knows how hard volunteers work, and how many hoops they have to jump through I'm just going to commend Mandie and her committee and the Court for all their hard work.

These days it's a miracle we get anything at all, bearing in mind the restrictions we all work under, and other problems as well (some of which are downright unnecessary!).

My congratulations and praise to the real grafters in our town, who work themselves into the ground and for no pay either (indeed, often bearing costs personally!), and who may then, after all that, end up with flak and criticism. If anyone ever wonders why something voluntary happens the way it does, then the easiest way is to ask the person who knows (which also spares that volunteer a heap of extra work, stress, and time).

You'll spot that person who knows easily, by the way - it's the one who's racing around leaving trails of dust behind - the one who's usually bouncing from place to place like a demented ping-pong ball, and who sartorially tends to resemble that well-known fly with sky-hued behind.

end link