Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

KCC Now responsible .Why not lobby your man about town Nigel??Many moons ago my husband was Duty Officer for Seaspeed .They looked after their passangers and made sure they had buses or if they had to wait refreshments .many times the shifts in bad weather ended up in the early hours and my husband would bring some of the crew home for a bite to eat .

If the passangers had a delay as a ferry was not available he would organise a sight seing tour .

Those days people were proud to work and indeed have a job .My husband was like I am outspoken but by god he got things done and he held a lot of respect .I have many letters of thanks stored away in some little box in the loft .

Thankfully my children take after us .The elder son is back from Singapore had a day off yesterday now back in Dartford working .Youger one home tomorrow calling into work for a few hours Not bad after a twelve hour flight .

Mother thats me managed to get into town today but the pavements here are still slippery .

end link