Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having been at the station Sat/Sun and Monday,I can tell you it was murder,not only were the trains cancelled or delayed but when they came in they had all the Eurostar passengers on,to make matters worse the port bus could not make it up on Sat,it refused to come up Sunday and it was fine until mid afternoon on Monday when the Eastern Docks announced they were 'shut' to anymore passengers.Now we were so busy that all the road and paths from the station entrance to the bus bays were completely filled 10 deep,and we were told to hold the passengers at the station which would have meant standing out in the cold and wet on Sat I saw 2 taxis the whole shift obviously there could have been more but I was pinned to my counter dealing with hundreds of passengers who were arriving into Dover and trying to get all over the country.
    The new High speed trains where the best performers but they were coming from St Pancras with more standing than sitting and on sunday we even had 3 or 4 Eurostar reps,of course to make it worse we had no snow in Dover well not too much but what people didn't realise the conditions in places like Sandling /ice Tonbridge Medway/snow.The Eurostar passengers were really rude and I was sworn at, threatened and knackered and we were running trains which eurostar weren't,but it wasn't brilliant by a long way and we struggled but eventually we sort of got there,the funny part was the steam train run,thats called progress!

end link