Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The real 'criminals' are the manufacturers, suppliers and smugglers that are making the large cash out of it all. Even the growers are, in part, working to market forces by producing the crop with the best financial return. Destroying their land won't stop those market forces but it will further impovrish large areas that need the land for food crops, if they can be convinced to change. Opiates do need certain conditions to florish but there is a wide range of poppies that will grow well in a wide variety of conditions.

As to help Roger, is it only criminals that should have help or is it the sick, poor and troubled that we should be helping?
    On attractiveness, how would it be if they had to go to a dispenser, say excuse me I want to try heroin, listen to the advice on how to take it and what to expect and then get enough of a controlled quality etc. for that one trial hit before going back for another. One hit and the after effect puking and aching should put most off leaving a few to be refered for medical help. I did not say there were easy options but the current way of doing things obviously does not work.

end link