Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I saw this item in the Dover Express today and was surprised and more than a tad horrified. Almost all my journeys over to France are as a foot passenger on those lovely clean Seafrance ferries...so what now, am I to be abandoned? Is my money no good? I do go further afield at times, but often for a short couple of days out.. you can have a great jolly time as a foot passenger, its relatively hassle free if you dont take much luggage. Yes its all footloose and fancy free!

But in all seriousness I did often wonder how it pays for them to do it. The foot passenger market is small and getting smaller and the costs I would imagine are barely covered if at all. Coaches are needed, drivers are needed, terminal staff are needed, further staff are needed to check this and that ...however shouldnt it be part of the core service offered by any company? to carry the humble foot passenger?

But Seafrance are seeking to shed 550 jobs says Terry Sutton. So there we are. A much loved service is about to be axed.

That old maxim kicks in again, use it or lose it. it applies to everything even Doverforum...heavens!

Picture shows Seafrance being dive bomber by an aggrieved foot passenger!!

end link