Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ian

1. I am not sure why he is allowed to claim without reporting to a Job Centre but would imagine that following the adverse publicity that DWP are now investigating his claims.

2. Free speech is why he was but now banned from airing his views but sometimes its stretched to its limits.However try shouting anti islamic chants outside a mosque and see how far that gets you....Wormwood Scrubs...most likely.

3. As to why he doesn't return to his 'home country' simple he wouldn't get free housing schooling health care and benefits there.

As you know I am the son of an immigrant but from a different era and now forgotten time.But in the 60's we experienced racism from other kids at school but I thought it was because of their ignorance of my fathers background and never let it bother me. Not all immigrants are the same and many devote their lives to becoming good citizens of their adopted country. Proud of their heritage but grateful that this country accepted them in their hour of need when other countries shunned them and closed their doors.

The Uk has a long history of accepting refugees and displaced persons unfortunately this act of 'kindness' is now being seen as a 'weakness' and exploited by unscrupulous individuals.

Firmer but fairer immigration controls are required. Anyone found guilty of a serious offence should (as they used to be) be recommended for deportation.I would class incitement to racial hatred as fairly serious.

But the question is what one can do to curb the ever growing number of second and third generation immigrant descendents that were born in this country but then go on to swear their allegiance to other flags or faiths.

Its difficult , better education maybe a shift in the UK's overseas policies ie "let them get on with it" or as Bob recommends stop overseas aid.Maybe even suffer international abuse and close our borders.The US and UK can no longer afford to police the world.We have the UN and Nato why not use them?

Sorry Ian no real answers but the wife is on nights and after a couple of cognacs thought I'd give you my two pennies worth.

end link