Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

On saturday night I needed a quality establishment for a nice occasion, so a bit of mental headscratching was needed, as in..where to go!? There are lots of okay places in inner Dover but not many with that special touch, so after a bit of research two choices sprang to mind.

Walletts Court first, so I called up but alas alas the place was full, or more accurately had just one table left, but at a time that didnt suit. So clearly the restaurant is doing very well.

Next choice was trickier, but in the end I called that little known gem..The Jackdaw in Denton. I managed to get the last table available. I was calling about 11.30am.

Clearly then these quality places are NOT struggling and that's great news as we all need them to survive. We need them to be there for us when that special occasion crops up.

But a little about The Jackdaw. This restaurant has the most unbelievable menu seen in these parts. It is.. yes, truly unbelievable and truly unexpected...not only has it a wide variety of traditional stuff but it has exotica. Some of their amazing dishes are...
    Jambalayas of multiple variety.
    Buffalo Steak
    Peppered Kangaroo
    Curried Goat
    and much more
    ...you wont get any of that in Wetherspoons!!

Of course as prices go its fairly expensive I suppose, with main dishes from £12 to £20 and a Sancerre Wine enjoyed at £22.50, and that was one of the cheaper ones. Other courses are correspondingly not low cost either. But...The restaurant was full.

Nice then to see these quality establishments survive, not only surviving but doing well too.

end link