Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The reduction in standard pubs is simply part of the development of society. People are always finding new ways to amuse themselves and meet socially - as a non-smoker I did visit pubs a little more after the smoking ban as I had enjoyed them when I was younger, but the enjoyment had diminished a bit, inexplicably - I should have still enjoyed it because the only reason I stopped going, years ago, was the smoke, but I guess my social habits have morphed with age - I prefer home comfort and close friends whose conversation I can hear and drinks I can afford and enjoy!!! We will inevitably develop new watering holes whether they are bars, clubs, pubs, cafes ot whatever, and I will not mourn the passing of those "pubs" where the aim is to sell booze cheap and expect the police to clear up the detritus that collapses vomitting on the streets later. I spent some time in Paris when I was young and it was so different.....bars that sold coffee and decent food as well as alcohol, alcohol viewed as part of the diet rather than an end in itself and often used to assist digestion, or to promote conversation. A pleasant and dare I say civilised experience.

end link