Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It is an interesting one Dave. Perhaps the reason is not just one factor but a combination.

I am certainly one non-smoker that has returned to pubs. The smoking ban would always have an initial impact on pubs, no doubt, but over the long term they would 'bounce' back as people got used to it. Experience in New York and Ireland I believe will demonstrate that. Unfortunately the slowdown has exacerbated that impact and then at just the worse time we get a tax rise...

The smoking ban is spreading everywhere Europe, even to France and Spain so our pubs are not unique. The proportion of smokers in Spain is much higher than here.

Perhaps the solution to the problems of smokers and pubs lies elsewhere.... A 'cigarette' that does not produce smoke but gives the full smoking impact to the user is the answer that is also legal to 'smoke' in pubs etc... There is such a thing as some of you know but I cannot and will not say anything more about that right now. But, if someone has £3million to spare let me know and I will tell you all....

end link