Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I heard this info on Radio 4 business news this morning. As mentioned in the headline..pubs closing at the rate of 4 a day. So bad news for the pub goer, as before too long on current trends there will be few left.

The reason given by landlords is ( errmmmm apart from having no customers! )...
    1. The smoking ban
    2. Rising costs.............
    and 3. probably the biggest pubkiller of all
    Supercheap Supermarket Beer.

So whats to be done? Well it is much the same as everything else, use it or lose it. If you value your local pub get on down there perhaps a bit more often. But ask yourself this, apart from sentiment, how much have you actuallly spent in your 'local' last week?...or were you in one of those national chains like Wetherspoons (tut tut!).

Just come back to add this bit below...

Saw an interesting little bit in saturdays Daily Mail, although I must admit I havent read it thoroughly..just a glance..but the headline screamed that despite the rises in alcohol tax in the recent Budget, the price of Supermarket Beer went down even lower...so fathom that one!!

end link