Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics..........

Forgive the allusion, Paul, I'm not saying that these figures are either lies or damned lies! To be frank with you, I don't understand these figures (I think it's the layout), but as I've said on this thread already, it's not so much the fact that toilets cost money to run - we live in a world where nothing is really, truly free - it's the fact that the toilets were closed without notice or consultation. I accept that the facilities have to be paid for, it's the manner of their closure that rankles.

I've said how I feel about it politically, probably ad nauseam to many, but if there is any good that can be salvaged from this disgraceful shambles, the toilets should be reopened, unconditionally and with the same speed with which they were closed, pending the outcome of these finance talks. Sorry, but your assertion that "DDC is working with Town and Parish Councils to protect services within the resources available" doesn't hold water as long as the toilets remain locked. Holding toilet facilities hostage isn't working with the Town Council, it's more akin to holding a gun to the Town Council's head.

end link