Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

If the price for keeping these facilities open is that one has to pay, then so be it. Nobody as far as I am aware has ever made any attempt at public consultation, and I'm sure that the public would have reacted with a degree of understanding that would have reflected better upon DDC than to simply shut the toilets without notice. That's unforgiveable - and yes, that will reflect on DDC politically, what else would one reasonably expect? As many others on here have said, keeping toilets open should be above party politics, and the fact that they have been closed in such a sneaky and underhand manner beggars belief.

That said, there has been some constructive comments as a result and I hope that DDC will reflect on some of them and get the toilets open again. I don't agree with Sue when she says that the DDC can come out of all this smelling of roses - certain people have acted brashly and stupidly and will be tainted as a result, but they can at least salvage some honour by doing the right thing and get the toilets opened up again. We're adults - nobody expects something for nothing - so isn't it about time we were treated as such.

I've been to fairly unpleasant places in my time, but all of them - including Giza Station in Egypt - has public toilets (although I think 'open sewer' would be a closer description). That Dover is in the process of closing public toilets puts us lower than Egypt. How much lower do we have to sink?

end link