Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have to say I think our PCSO in River does a great job. She does what the police can not do; she has gotten to know a lot of the residents in the village and formed a bond with them.

We have found at the Mill we are getting less vandalism, due to our PCSO I do not know but certainly it has reduced since she has been around the village keeping her eye on things.

She calls in at events at the Mill and the Village Hall meets people both young and old, talks to people, forming a bond of trust. In my opinion she is doing what it is the PCSO's were formed for to become the eyes and ears for our police who are not pounding the beat any more.

I have seen her tackle the under age drinkers in the River Recreation ground on her own and command respect from them.

What I can not understand is why does a Special Constable who is a voluntary worker for the police and undertakes similar training to a PCSO allowed to do far more. Specials actual police work including having the power to arrest some thing a PCSO can not do when they are paid for their work.

I do think the police are not keen on the PCSO's because they are doing a job they do not do, they are communicating with the public and long may it continue.

H

end link