Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Because Sue, with a very few notable exceptions, most 'politicians' have damn all experience of how life works and merely wish to massage their egos by being seen to do something, ideally a big and expensive something which involves cutting ribbons and leaving a 'legacy'.

In an ideal world you would hardly notice an ideal government. Services would be delivered seamlessly from drains to education, health to policing, efficiently and at a reasonable cost.

Instead we are governed by the sort of people you meet on public transport who initially seem perfectly 'normal' until after five minutes you realise they are barking mad.

They ask you if you like sausages.

You reply 'yes' and the next thing is they are inviting you back to see their collection!

I was talking to a Councilor in Deal today who is also a leading light in the local Chamber of Trade.

He was saying how badly the town was doing and that footfall was down.

I said in my extensive travels over the past year (1,100 miles by canal) or so I had not come across a town doing so well, the only empty single fronted commercial premises being empty because the lease has expired and the restaurant next door is expanding into it.

He then went on about how 'they' had wanted a Travelodge where the old M&S is but 'we' had lost out to the Discovery Park.

(Discovery Park Travelodge is less than 20 minutes away from Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Dover and has about four times the footprint of M&S. M&S Deal is in the middle of Deal and has no parking!)

The latest plan for M&S is to look into following the idea of Co-Innovation at Stembrook in Dover as though a rather tatty and sad tinker's-market is going to be a big draw with the DFLs!

But what do I know?

end link