Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Pablo, the excellent news I was referring to was that all new homes (with parking) should be built with charging points.

As for cost, Ubitricity (i.e.Siemens) is stuffing charging points into lamp-posts all across London and charging residents £7.99 monthly rate, 16.2p/kWh, 19p/Plug-In BUT you do need their £299 'smart cable'.

'Ubitricity is now the UK’s largest public EV charging network with over 2,554 charge points and a 12.5% market share' which suggests that the market is very fragmented so far if the largest company only runs an eighth of the networks.

I suspect the market will settle down over the next few years leaving a small number of players and most people being able to plug most cars into most lamp-posts.

Why DDC are digging up roads/pavements, always an expensive option, rather than sticking them on lamp-posts is beyond me.

While commercial charging points will always be more expensive than home charging, especially once dynamic pricing comes in when we finally get round to building a national smart grid, most will be charging cheaply at home or work.

Whatever happens it's got to be better than the 4* I paid 148p/l for on the M1 on Monday.

end link