Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't have a problem as such with flats, it's the tiny little boxes and bedsits that even the Police complain about - because they attract the miscreants in our society - they don't have any standards and mostly get their rent paid through the benefit system.

I agree with Keith's descripton of the Folkestone Road and have been assured that the pavement where he mentioned and further along the road, has been looked at and is being scheduled for repair and evening out, so it isn't flooded every time a few drops of rain come down.

I have written to the Chief Executive, The Leader, the Chief Planning Manager/Director, the Portfolio Holder for the Environment and had just one reply - from the Leader.

An increase in tiny flats and bedsits will only increase crime - of all sorts; we are missing out so much because no one is taking a stand on this.

The new high-speed rail to Dover Priory could be a blessing for the area bringing people with money here, big beautiful houses, lots of space and sound structures - but none of them will move into a tiny box and commute to London.

What Forward Planning ??? How can you forward plan, when each application is taken on its own merit and so you will never get to saturation point - until all of these lovely big houses have been converted into tiny boxes.
    It's no good saying "I told you so".

Roger

end link