Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I very much doubt if there is any money in the pot at DDC to pay for CCTV or a warden, I've asked before at source so don't expect anything to move on those forseeably. Extra bins really are needed, but don't hold your breath.

It is depressing to think we had a very heavy day clearing out the river last Friday (25th) from 10:30 to 16:30 and already it's business as usual. Still, any rubbish taken out is rubbish taken out.

It is also true that not all rubbish in the Dour is dumped. The Dour lying at the bottom of the valley will tend to collect loose rubbish blowing downhill, this of course doesn't mean it shouldn't have been dumped in the first place.

I'd like to go along to the RDSG meeting to find out what they actually do and who they are. They have no website and if they are up to anything it's impossible to find out unless one is on the 'inside'.

Ultimately rubbish is rubbish. Rubbish doesn't care about individual or group politics and agendas. I've noticed over the years that some of the most vocal critics of the state of the Dour and river management don't lift a finger to help get the rubbish out, and that's a shame! Cosy meetings with concerned expressions, note taking and chocolate hobnobs is no substitute for a pair of waders and a rubbish sack.

end link