Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There is a River Dour Steering Group meeting on 7th. of October, to which I have been invited.
    It has always been accused of being just a talking shop and no action taken, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

My own view is that there should be a permanent camera along the river hot-spots, as a permanent one is manned and operated, a temporary one is just positioned for a particular view.

The river through Dover is not a rural river going through countryside, but through an urban area and envirionment and as such, it's bio-diversity and aesthetics should be considered in equal balance.

I understood that the water is clean through Dover, it's the crap that's thrown in it that's the problem.
    The broken window syndrome should be applied here, that's why a river warden should be employed - and given the power and authority to issue fines, which I'm sure, given the illegalities of what goes on there, would raise enough money to pay his salary.

Roger

end link