Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Barry as I said those slurs should be taken with a pinch of salt, however I stand by my assertion gleaned from the Latvian National Independence Movement own publicity materials and policy statements that they are an ultra nationalist party that is opposed to immigration and is mildly xenophobic to say the least. I have nothing against Latvians, or any other Eastern Europeans, individually or collectively, in the main I have always found them to be straightforward, well educated, hard working individuals.

I make no hysterical accusations; the Polish Law & Justice party is homophobic, this is evident from numerous speeches, statements and actions when they were in government. I hold no truck with the culture argument, yes they are a Catholic country, but so are Ireland and Spain and they have both passed laws allowing same sex unions etc. They are now a member of the European Club and should adhere to certain minimum standards some of which you and I find unpalatable for different reasons but we adhere to them until we can get them changed.
    Yes you are right that many Muslims are homophobic due to the teachings of their Imams, though Islam itself is not inherently homophobic, nor is it despite popular misconception inherently misogynistic.

Finally Barry, I am not a member of NuLab, though I am certainly left leaning. I do find a number of the extreme left parties including FO from France, the communists from France & Italy to be jsut as dubious, obnoxious and objectionable as the extreme right parties.

end link