Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

PaulB - unusually, I disagree with you. It is not the actions that affect a persons job performance but the media attention and hounding that does so. And it would not do so if we all just accepted that people are fallible (unlike the Pope, clearly). And I would like to think, Chris P, that Clinton would have had a better response from the public if he had held his hands up (so to speak!) and admitted his fallibility, but I am not sure - and that isn't a reflection on the public as much as a reflectiion on the media attention and judgements the episode attracted and the apparent need to put puiblic figures on a pedestal and then moan if they don't live up to the adulation. I don't know where it comes fom, this need to adore people!! Fallible and flawed human beings are much more interesting and have much more experience of life than perfect and clean-living paragons!!!!

end link