Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having now seen the new park, let me first start with a positive.

"IT'S BRILLIANT" The design is great, nice new safe flooring nice equipment. Well done everyone on that front.

I am going to try not to be to negative now, but it will be a little hard.
    To say the park was FULL yesterday is a slight understatement. It was rammed, and at least 90% were little ones.
    There were a small minority of skater kids there under the climbing equipment, but not major.
    I did however question just one thing.

The Size of the park which is now finding itself trying to cope with an incredible amount of users. It was just chaos in there.

There was no-where near enough seating for the adults who wanted to watch their children play, and the poor kids were shoulder to shoulder trying to use the new stuff.

On the way back home I came via northbourne Ave play area, and at least 50 little ones playing on the park if you can call the run down out of date facilities that, and I felt sad for these kids. We have no real play areas as such for the little ones on the Hamlets estate, and I personally wouldn't want my kids treking down to Elms vale rec to use new equpment they might get. The Hamlets is a huge estate, lots of kids. I wonder when we will ever see the views of these kids taken into account regarding their park.
    The system of choice of where these parks get a makeover is all wrong.
    I know Priory ward appear to have been waiting a lifetime for new faciities.

We keep hearing consultations were carried out, but with who?? Were they the children these areas are to be provided for?? How many children were asked?? age range??

So many questions, and very few answers. Sad really to think us adults can sit and make decisions about everything without really finding out how the kids feel.

end link