Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Some have more opportunity for choice than others...but I'll shut up about that for now!!! I remember when, for a mercifully brief period, my childrens primary school forbade competetive sports! Sports day cosisted of a load of parents traipsing around afield watching their children throw bean bags and balls about and jumping over stuff for no real reward and with no real purpose.......I may be a bit of an old leftie, but competition is what makes people strive...it was heartbreaking to see the children mooching around being inclusive and politically correct in a tired sort of way!!! In everything some lose and some win - I was pants at sports at school, but I was bright and academic. We all have our areas of excellence - the societal trick is to have opportunities in as many areas as possible so that everyone finds their area of excellence!

end link