Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have watched the Olympics and I am enjoying the British successes, but a few thoughts came to mind. So I wondered if any one knows the answers.

1. Can a disabled sports person who was so good at their sport, take part in the main Olympics and if so are they banned from then taking part in the Paralympics Games.

2. Success breeds success and many of our youngsters will have sat at home and said to them selves "I want to do that, I want to be an Olympic athlete, but can they be, are the opportunities on an equal opening for all our youngsters?

How would a youngster in Dover know where to go if they want to take part in some of these sports, Sailing, Rowing, Archery, Shooting and Cycling?

I know we do have some of these sports clubs in Dover, if not all. Do they advertise for the youngsters to come along and more to the point is it open to all youngsters?

Can the average child whose parents may not have a large income, still get the chance to be part of these clubs?

A lot of these sports rightly or wrongly are thought of as sports of the well off. Sailing being one, so can the average kid go down to Dover Yacht club and join?

So yes it is a great Olympic game's for Great Britain and we can build on this but are the chances there for one and all alike to be future Olympians.

end link