Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue, I understand that you don't feel that people are giving you a fair time here and as I always say I commend our representatives that post here. However I agree with Howard that you must be open to criticism as well as praise. The reality is if the people that you represent had a massive problem with your decisions then they simply wouldn't put you in the position to make them (Or at least that's the way it should be). You should however not think that you are doing anything that is beyond the ability of the people you represent. I'm sure (even with my limited working class thought processes) that I would understand 'the financial side of DDC' that is as long as DDC understand them themselves (which is probably why I don't understand some of their planning decisions) I think that so many of you do a great job and told one of your colleagues a few weeks ago of the good work with the Pencester Play area and its merits. The problem is Sue that you don't have to be educated in accounting, town planning or critical thinking to be a representative of people that do, and for this reason you must accept criticism.

Roger raises the point that tourism is not a statuary responsibility and for that reason I can see why a local authority would cut a seemingly superfluous service. However to offer such a poor provision is just not acceptable and it amazes me. DDC and so many other organisations in the town either have to: a) employ someone from afar on a ridiculous wage, who then proves themselves to be less than adequate; or b) not bother at all. There are individuals in this town that work extremely hard on all sorts of promotion and their work is largely unrewarded, with the effective use of these people with the right guidance things could actually happen.

end link