Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes, Sue. It's odd, isn't it? This curious lack of interest. I mean - look at my particular cause celebre. £350,000 of public dosh gets hived off into an unaccountable company which then suddenly morphs into a charity. A property is then purchased at a rather breathtakingly favourable price. A few more unelected trustees emerge to join forces with the original protagonists. But it's all OK. It's about regeneration and it's called LoveDover.

Nothing much has happened since. Nobody seems to know what the current commercial arrangements are. There seems to be no action whatosever on the many other properties or projects which could benefit from a liitle cash and public spirited guidance. Yet the PR guff assures us these new trustees are all such great luminaries that they are capable of all manner of altruistic acts.

But nobody comes on here to argue their case and dispel my disquiet. There is a LoveDover account but the owner is apparently nothing to do with the aforementioned pillars of our community.

If this doesn't engender any interest then Lord knows what will. Oh well.

end link