Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I see on the assorted News Programmes that the old fashioned traditional Edison lightbulb is suddenly and rather dramatically being phased out. The panicking public are clearing the shelves in Tesco etc as we speak. If these bulbs are so very popular and they still appear to be so, why do we need to phase them out at all? Cant we have choice. We allow for example daft smokers to carry on puffing and wheezing, cant we carry on being allowed to have our bulbs of choice. Apparently not!

Okay they may use a tad more energy and last a much shorter time but that guy Thomas Edison got the concept right...they actually give off a considerable amount of lighting power.

These new replacement low energy light bulbs are not the same kettle of fish at all. They are universally dim. Ive joined the throng galloping towards greener energy and bought quite a few very recently and ever since then Ive been bumping into furniture and door posts on a grand scale. Ive made a fine art of it. My eyes are black and blue from walking into the kitchen door and my shoulders have crunched into the woodwork ad nausea. My wounds are of war scale. I might have been in the modern version of the trenches.On top of that my vision is failing like never before. I cant see the written word, I cant read newspapers and books are completely out of the question. Well yes...these do gooder lightbulbs are the latest topic for grumpy old men, this grumpy old man anyway!.."...they're the pits!"

Hats off to the original lightbulb I say, it gave light where there was none before..and it did exacly as it said on the tin!

end link