Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It was so hot out there and with full gear on it was very hard to march ,I had to make shore that all the lads had one and only one salt tablet each day ,more then one and the person taking it could be very unwell, anyway we was patrolling and searching for hidden weapons or undesirable characters which there was many of, the British Tommy was not liked by both sides in this conflict ,it would not be the first time out to break up a fight and then have both sides turn on you.We was taking a rest in the mountains and some of us were lieing down and my mate next to me fell a sleep and so did I,I woke up with my mate pulling at my shirt and whispering "Vic do some thing"and when I turn to face him I could see that a big snake had rolled himself up on my mates chest and gone to sleep I rolled away from him till I could get up without disturbing it ,and went to get help ,the NCO came over with his weapon and talking very quiet to my mate"rollaway when I flick him off, and thats what he done.He was frightened and so was I.We did not know if it was poisonous one or not,and did not want to find out.

end link