Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was told that I would be put on a charged,of going absent while on duty ," LEAVING my post and camp without pemission,and neglection of duty putting men at risk. They were going to throw the book at me. But the only thing that saved me from being put in the jail of the big Canadian camp was my belief it or not was my skills at what I was trained for in other words they could not get a replacement .So I was still to be paced on open arrest till we went back to the UK,I still had permission to go to any hospital to take a patient etc, but had to sign in and out . and when working in the camp I had to report in the day every 4hours and at night every 6hrs unless I was treating a patient. Anyway I did get down to the Hospital where the officer who got the injury with the lamp. He was all bandaged hands to and his face, I apology to him and how sorry I am over what happen, and cannot stop thinking about it. I got to see him just a few times before they took him back to the UK for more treatment. We had a log cabin in our camp which was to keep our weapons in etc there was always a guard on duty\7 days aweek, anyway and this was going to be where they held a enquiry into what happen and to hear the charges against me. I was asked if I wanted a officer to speak on my behalf.

end link