Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The war games were now stepping up a pace,with a lot of mock war casualties with labels tied on them telling us what was wrong with them ,and we had to treat them as real casualties. Also we now had a real army to fight in mock wars etc ,and they were the French canadiens. and their regiment was made up of the French VANDOES WHICH WAS EQUIVALENT TO OUR S.A.S. but they went about it as they would do in a real war.As yiu know we was very short of medical orderlys which in turn meant I had to join in the wars at times ,and it was one morning we had to go out in a convoy to attack the enemies,well we was going a long this track in the woods my jeep was the last in the convoy with big red cross on it showing it was a medical wagon.we had about 6or seven vehicles in our convoy,we was driving slowly because of all the tall trees each side of the track when all of a sudden the trees each side of the track fell across the bonnets of all our vehicles bar ours ,and what had happen was a ambush by the other side they did not care what damage was done to the lorrys or if anyone was hurt then they rushed out of the woods shotting at us, they were not using live rounds but they were fighting as though it was a real battle ,but I FOUND it great fun to be in it all.And how they done it all was to cut the trees down then hold them up ropes and as we went by they let go of the ropes ,which meant that the trees fell down over the bonnets of the vehicies and made them jackknife alot of damaged to them and they could not be driven ,so we were captured and that was the end of that war all done in about 1hour.

end link