Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was first to go back to my unit after about five days,my brother stayed at home a few more days.On my return it was back to work on the same day as the fire battalion we had to be ready to fly to any part of the world with in a very few hours.Well we were still short of staff in the medical center when we had a memo telling us all the regiment that is officers and men had to have their Vaccines to serve overseas immediately .And this meant a lot of work for us in the medical centre, as the documents clerk I had to make out all the Vaccines cards with their names rank age and company and their jobs within their company.Good thing was the card were all printed out before hand in the main office this saved me a lot of hard work,all I had to do was tick off the japs and stamp the card showing that they had been done and the date they had the Vaccines.Because we worked in the medical centre we had to have them first, we was trained to give the japs but the Dr was to do most of them, must say after the Dr give us them in the arm and we done the same to him we was unwell for about two days and the arm was aching for some days after,He had to sign each card as he gave the injection,s and I had to stamp each card immediately after he done it.I think the worst one was the yellow fever one.

end link