Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

None of us in fact did volunteer but that is the way it did work ,"we need volunteers you and you etc. ".We was picked up that night in a lorry and taken to where our new home and training was to be,I can tell you now it was Brompton or Kitchener bks Gillingham,we were taken to a part of the BKS not in use at the time.We was there we was to meet A Sgt from the S,A,S he told us he could not tell us his name or army number or anything about him. We were told this the home of the Scots Guard but at no time must we talk to them or mix with them.We were there and they must not know us or even see us at anytime.
    "Now I can tell you why and what this is all about. all the time you are here you will not be allowd out .""Right you are to be Enemy to the Guards who are going overseas but need to do some training in the highlands of Scotland before that happens .So this what it is all about,you lot will be train in Guerrilla warfare and how to lie a ambushes and sabotage etc, and we do not have a lot of time to do this so it is going to be long hours 7/24 .first off we have to train you in unarmed fighting etc."
    I do not have the time to go into all that just to say it was done and it was hard but must say it had a use even after I came out of the army as you read later on.

end link