Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The bulling did die down after the funeral ,there was still some going on but it was soon stopped and things got a lot better but it was pay back time for some. A lot of bully,s had been posted by now we was getting older a few was left but they were trying to keep their heads down because they were out numbered but their time was to come soon.But we could now get on with our music training but only music and school,we had in the pass done a lot sport as well as music also I had to stop boxing training and boxing in the ring ,but when I was at school I had done a lot of cross country running and the army found out about it and I was told I could carry on with that and I ended up in a Jr cross country team.All this was good because of that and playing out at events in the full band I was not in the bks much.
    Well we was coming up to Remembrance Sunday and because of that there was a lot of troops in Canterbury.
    Remembrance Sunday just like today was a very big event in the city,but the only band in the city at that time was the army boys band but we was as good as any regimental band and a lot bigger in size about 80 or more of us.
    Anyway a week before Remembrance Sunday I was called for by the bandmaster so along to his office I went thinking what have I done wrong. Got there and was marched in by the R,S,M .I called out my army number 2352------ jr bandsman Matcham Sir.And the bandmaster looked up and the CO was there to,he was a Major.

end link