Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sorry Barry but I will have to disagree on this one. A tin of dog food at less than a fiver is still a greedy, needless perk at my (a taxpayer) expense. If I want dog food I must pay for it out of my taxed wages. Why shouldn't they? If they do this minor little thing ten times that is suddenly fifty quid of tax money gone.

I am also disgusted at the number of MPs, totalling (according to your source) 45 out of 646. Don't under-estimate this - 45 MPs is a LOT of people joyriding a bonus system! Let's assume they all claimed a grand in a year - that's 45 grand! And this is me being very generous as I know many of them are claiming well into several thousands. How much of our money has been wasted on this utterly disgraceful, corrupt, greedy system which reduces the hard-working taxpayer to nothing more than a slave cash-whore.

These expense claims are, in many cases, worth far more than many normal people can earn a year including myself. I am taxed on the profits of my business and more often than not my yearly tax bill is far bigger than the actual wages I can earn for myself. To see my money being abused by these greedy scumbags who think they have some god-given right to it makes me sick to the stomach. I find tax bills painful - ALWAYS - but I work my nuts off to pay them properly and on time and the sense of injustice I feel is monumental.

Tonight I have been hearing about tennis court repairs, dog food, and light bulbs. No, the media are NOT scraping a barrel they are simply saying what they find. Light bulbs - do MPs really earn so little that they cannot afford to pay for their own light bulbs? Yeah right!

I can't remember a time when I felt SO angry about something. They say many people's faith in the system has been affected by this story - I would say my faith has been crippled and left lame.

end link