Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was listening to Radio 2 at work today (whilst working of course) and Jeremy Vine was discussing a case about a man who was called a pervert because he was taking photographs of his own children whilst they played on an inflatable slide. This is yet another example of Political Correctness gone mad. I am the first to want my children to be protected (normal maternal instinct) but I also want to have permanent evidence of all the wonderful things they have done through their childhood. I couldn't take video of their nativity play because it would have had other children in it and I would have to have permission of the parents, so apart from one photograph of my own children in their costumes (hmm a bit dodgy some might say) I have only my own memories of the expressions on their faces and the little faux pas that make childrens' plays so memorable.

One of the callers to the radio said that it was ridiculous to call this man a pervert because his children were dressed, is that the only reason this whole thing is ridiculous? My grandfather took cine film of me when I was 2 naked as the day I was born using the water from my paddling pool to water the plants in my grandparents back yard. Watching it in later life made me smile (a little embarressdly but with great affection for a beloved grandfather who I no longer have) now adays he'd have been arrested. Trust me I'm not scarred because unlike those poor kids who really are abused (and thank god they are a small minority) I wasn't being. Isn't it time we concentrate on helping children who really need it instead of trying to find more problems than there are?

end link