Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Big difference between a flat and a bedsit but your point still stands.

I'm sure it's nothing personal towards your area howard.

More bedsits and "flats" for everywhere, given the woefully inadequate levels of house building in this country.

Barton Road & Buckland Avenue and their many offshoots/Beaconsfield (both Road and Avenue)/Frith Road/Avenue Road/Salisbury Road/Castle Avenue/Park Avenue/Charlton Green/Maison Dieu Road.... started typing and I'm not sure where to stop. All becoming increasingly multiple occupancy/bedsit areas (and many were going that way before Folkestone Road went tbf).

Many of these houses are obviously way too large for just one family on a normal income these days. Vicky Park probably succumbed to the same market pressures before I was born, and I'm sure some of us look at the many pieces of Edwardian architectural madness that litter The Leas of Folkestone and just think "Wow, their servants and even their horses had a bigger place to live in than I do".

I wonder where people are going to park, given that it's becoming rarer to live within walking/cycling distance from your workplace these days? I do hope they've considered the parking angle for the proposed old Charlton Green Post Office Sorting Office conversion. We're all going to end up on mopeds at this rate. Which won't be pleasant as we ain't got India's climate for that kind of transport policy by a long way. Or are we expected to start commuting by jumping onto train roofs? Mopeds and cars are cheaper than a season ticket.

What is the percentage of MPs (and maybe local councillors, I don't know) who are also landlords/have large property portfolios? It's quite large isn't it? Don't expect anything to change soon!

end link