Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This cost c£500,000 of ratepayers money. Without this scheme we would not have received the other £2.39m.

The market square was a drab, dreary, difficult to use space and, something needed doing to it to make it a more sociable community space. The choice of solution may not be what some/many? wanted, but it needed doing. (I don't get the arches at all but I have found that the rest of it has grown on me over the time I have seen it develop).
    Similarly the street lighting was close to the end of its design life and needed replacing at some point in the near future.

What could DDC legally deliver for a one off payment of £500,000 that would materially improve the lot of Dovorians? I ask as I am struggling to think of anything that does not involve future year costs or essentially leave people no better off once the money is spent/project completed.

From my perspective their is much more mileage in a campaign to get DTC to freeze their precept for 2023/4 coupled with a proper consultation on what their role is/should be and a full spending review.

end link