Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    3 blokes aged around 50 in Market Square earlier,bare chested, drinking and swearing loudly!!

I was hoping to scroll down to see a picture of said men. Maybe they need a bit of public shaming.

Even I (well known to like a bevy or six) was well appalled by the number of people I saw yesterday between Pencester Road and The Market Square, who were pretty much totally wasted by mid afternoon. All still drinking and arguing loudly amongst themselves (apart from one bloke who was so unconscious and unresponsive that a concerned citizen called an ambulance). It appeared they could only communicate with each other by shouting aggressively. It seemed like every bench had a group. Lots still there when I went out in the evening as well. I thought that area was a strict "no alcohol consumption" zone, or was that just a phase?

Some people just shouldn't drink and maybe mandatory rehab should be a thing (though would probably be a waste of time and money with these delinquents). These people tend to be barred from every public establishment so maybe it's time to start fining shops that sell booze to them. When I worked in supermarkets they had files of pictures of known shoplifters. Maybe the same thing could be done for people who can't handle their alcohol?

This town could do with a determined crackdown.

end link