Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm rather confused by this because there appear to be some obvious questions to be asked. I have tried to contact my Community Councillor (Mr Sansum) but he has thus far studiously ignored both my messages. Not a good start, particularly as he obviously spends a lot of time on social media and letters to the Dover Express. I'm sure pretty much everyone is in favour of town centre regeneration - motherhood and apple pie, eh? What I'm not clear on is why taxpayers' money appear to have been spent on a property that seems to me at least to be in good order? What are the long term objectives of this purchase? Is it seen as a profit making venture? If so, for whom?

Also, what was the motivation behind the purchase? Was the business was unprofitable and therefore likely to be left vacant? Finally, was the amount paid a reasonable market rate for such a property? If not, presumably the Trust has snapped up a bargain. But why? Are they moving into the property rental business?

I'm hoping that people won't find these questions unreasonable. It just seems to me to be an odd use of public money but I'm very happy to stand corrected. Maybe when there are more Trustees appointed then things might become clearer.

end link