Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I read last week that a Rupublican Party supporting radio presenter in the US had caused a little controversy by saying that he hoped Barak Obama would fail. I'm not sure he was specific on what he wanted him to fail in, it was probably just a general negative comment. We here have had doom monger George Osborne [he is the Tory shadow chancellor at the present] saying much the same for months in regard to the UK economy, while not quite saying that he hoped government measures would fail his comments have made you feel that he would support sentiments along the lines of the UK is finished.

I personally think that most people on the street actually want to see the UK economy and people to weather the current recession and prosper, obviously some of these are on slippery pavements but they do appreciate that gritting etc is better than leaving the snow and ice to do their worse.

I wont say that I'm surprised to see that Alan Sugar is backing the government's push for creating more apprentice positions, at a time when it is no time for a novice Sugar probably feels that workers should get a chance to learn a trade. I am however surprised that Carol Vorderman is fronting the Tory maths review, because she took part in one the government commissioned, which reported less than a year ago. In June she said: "I am thrilled that at long last an official body is raising the spectre of our negative cultural attitude to maths, particularly in the media." This change of face may have something to do with the figure that she does not now get from Channel Four.

No doubt Vorderman will be paraded saying the government is failing or some such tosh, after she endorsed the government review and its recommendations - which are now being implemented.

I do feel that it is a great shame that the opposition, and its supporters, in this country appear to be putting party politics before the interests of our country, although I'm not surprised. The pound has started to rise in value over the past week or so and after today's interest rate cut it would appear that the Euro may come under pressure and you do wonder if Osborne who talked down the pound saying it reflected government policy will now say that the rise in the pound is down to the measures taken by the Chancellor in the PBR. He will not of course, he will just change his odious tactics to suit. There was a poll for the Daily Politics last week showing 23% supported Cameron & Osborne with 32% backing Brown & Darling on who is best to deal with the economy, if this lead continues I feel Osborne will get desperate. He'll probably get the long awaited sack I've been predicting but his actions will do politics in general much harm.

end link