Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Excellent report Ed. as usual. Lots of information there to digest. I didn't know that LD ships were British crewed. Is that just officers or overall ?.

As you say, we have the French unions to thank for our British jobs on P&O and Norfolk Lines (Maersk). If it wasn't for them the ships would be crewed by Poles, Croats and Estonians as are the Ramsgate/Ostend ships.. Are you sure that you are not a member of the CGT Ed.

I am sure that you know that Louis Dreyfus had a British branch until a few years ago, Buries Markes the "La" boats. You must have come across them in your deep sea career Ed. They were good jobs, I nearly joined one of them years ago in Manchester, an iron ore boat called "La Hacienda", someone beat me to it though.

Alec Sheldon. aka Trader in a previous life.

PS. You put me on to "shipsnostalgia" Ed. I also sailed with Alex.(Ferries) and Tony (Deep sea) your brothers in law.

end link