Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

A good day yesterday; lovely ship, super service and good prices in the on-board shop, especially drinks. I'd certainly recommend it.

Some very useful contacts made. Contacts that can help promote Dover to the people of Boulogne, Le Touquet and other Towns nearby.

While the £ and the Euro are similar value we need to take advantage of it. Our local business are not having enough local customers to keep going so we need to try and get them from overseas and France is the best (and easiest) place.

Who will organise this ? who will pay for this ? who will translate this to French ? That's right - no one.

The feature in the Express was quite a positive one Paul, but didn't go far enough; I was kinda hoping it would have been a full page article, showing all the 21 (so far) areas of responsibility that a Dover Business Association should have - and of course the business survey.

Dover and the businesses here can't wait another 3, 6 or 12 months (or more) they need action now - we're not talking big manufacturing businesses as they have different needs, I'm referring mainly (but not excusively) to Town retail outlets - the shops, pubs, cafe's restaurants and others.

Roger

end link