Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well, a very informative Neighbourhood Forum took place in the Town Council offices last night and to say it was well attended, was an understatement.

Talkes were given about SeaChange by a Lady from KCC; Regeneration by Dover's Chief Executive and empty shops by the Dover Pride Programme Officer, followed by lots of various questions - some satisfied questioners, but many not.

SeaChange is about "connections" and I think connections between the various local tourist attractions, most of whom urgently need visitors, a site-seeing tourist bus is essential.
    You'll not be surprised to hear that funding is the stumbling block.

The promenade/seafront is to upgraded to have a wave effect all along it and some of the current buildings will go; the retail outlets (little cafe's etc.) will be upgraded.

I had one more big question to ask, but they ran out of time, so I'll start another thread to let you know what that is.

A useful meeting and the best attended.

Roger

end link