Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Or to keep a closer eye on the bad boy perhaps, after all the OECD says we are in the worse position of all the G8.

Maybe though it is to say goodbye to Gordon as he is not likely to be in post for the next one.

I have been at a seminar today and was speaking to the former Chief Exec of a major bank over lunch. He retired over 10 years ago and is not responsible for the mess created in recent years incidentally.

He was telling me that back when the Bank of England was in charge of regating banks he had to go into a quarterly meeting with the bank. At that meeting, apparently they were right s*ds (direct quote), delving into all aspects of the bank operations, quizzing them closely, keeping an eye on all aspects of how the bank was being run. Gordon Brown's 1997 reforms of how the banks were regulated ended all that. Their regulation fell between three stools and no-one was really keeping a close enough eye on bank practises. He is horrified about how the banks have betrayed customers and how the new regulations did not properly supervise them.

I have been saying all along about this massive mistake of Brown's regulation changes so it was interesting to hear it from someone who knows about it from the inside.

end link