Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard - It is not HM Opposition's job to provide answers in PMQ's, its the job of the PM to answer questions, but he never does...

If you bother to listen beyond Labour spin you will have heard a Conservative alternative based on sound money, but then you are not really interested in that!

They are increasing taxes, not cutting them. Any 'cuts' are shortlived, just 13 months of a tiny VAT reduction at a large cost. The taxes will have to be raised to pay back the 'stimulus' plus interest and those annouced so far are just the tip of the iceberg. The sad fact is that taxes have to rise because of Brown's age of irresponsibility. These cuts can only be minimised by big public spending cuts, it has to be done. No hope of Brown doing that to any significant degree.

Do you not realise the damage Brown is doing to small business, the lifeblood of the economy? He has produced a package he claims is designed to help but again these are just shortlived measures, the good from them being offset by the red-tape being imposed, not to mention deferred tax rises.

Next week I am going to have to write out a load of VAT refund cheques, worth an average 69 pence, because there is not enough time to arrange changes to standing orders before 1st December. Imagine the costs in both time and money in doing that. The bank charges are nearly as much as the cheques, add the postage, stationary and time.... Then another lot of admin again in a years time to increase the standing orders.......

The whole thing is plain nutty. I have spent today consulting to find a way around this but each idea I have had has been blocked by regulation.

end link