Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think its more about a whole range of things, its the way society has changed since the 90's Im careful not to blame one set of people, to me, there is never a good reason to carry a knife or gun, and the attacks in London and Sheffield are worrying.

It should be recognised that for many of these kids they come from backgrounds of both parents unemployed, they to are likely to be unemployed, society in general turned against them.

But you need to weigh this up against how society has changed
    Maybe im getting old but i used to live i tower hamlets and we had little money, but we used to lay up the linces play cricket, or other sports, never got up to mschief to much.

Im all for looking after youths interests but i recall attending as a cllr(thank god i finished wif that) a youuth meeting i a run down area, I had to hav a go at 1 youth member who felt the world was against him, i asked him to do more to help himself, and together we would all achieve but i feel he only wanted someone else to do everything for him
    well im afraid i said well unless you can show you want to help yourself im off.

There are to many do gooders who see no wrong in youth(or other ages come to that)
    and that mindset need changing
    then theres the teachers, very little power to control kids,
    parents taken to court if they tell there own kids off
    the list is endless.

We have a broken society, one that started in the 90's and has developed over time, we need to(but we never will)to relook at society in general, what can be done, who should be helped, who will/can hep themselves
    that will only happen if the govt moves from sound bites and all major parties are just trying to please the latest public outcry at the mo.

Although locking people up may be an idea, wot about making people pay for the things they do
    ie; cleaning the streets, doing up the elderly houses, cleaning up river dour? but made to do it, not mambe pamby stuff
    it can happen if people had the will to do it.

Prison is not the answer to eveything, and there full anyway so we need to find alternatives that work.

prison should be a last resort.

blimey i was only gong to write a few words

end link